My Quick Egg white Oats Recipe:
This egg white oats breakfast is incredibly quick to make yet such a treat for the tastebuds. (No eggy madness, just creamy-dreamy yumminess).
It’s full of antioxidant-boosting berries (I’ve chosen both blueberries and goji today!), and hearty egg white protein that is sure to become your new morning favourite.
I just have to reiterate that the egg whites provide a light and airy texture, building the volume of the meal to help with sustainable energy. The protein also acts to slow down digestion to fill you up for longer- don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!
This will fill you up for a hard day at work, fuel you for the gym or kickstart your glorious long-weekend.
I recommend you to always keep banana and seasonal berries in the freezer, ready to use in smoothies, deliciously healthy ice creams – but they’re especially lovely half-thawed by a hot bowl of oats, like these blueberries.
To serve: (1)
- 1 dl Oats
- 2-2.5 dl Water
A rule of thumb is to double the water:oats ratio but add a few drops according to own preference
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Small Banana
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flakes
- Goji Berries (Used sparingly in the picture but may be added to the oats)
- 1 Tbsp Nutella
- Combine oats and water in a small pot. Bring to a boil on a medium-high heat, then reduce to a medium-low heat and let cook until the oats have absorbed most of the water.
- Pour in the egg whites and whip vigorously with a fork to combine the mixture evenly. Let simmer or another 5-8 minutes until desired consistency.
- Add coconut flakes and goji berries right before taking off the stove.
- Serve topped with sliced banana, blueberries and a dollop of Nutella.
What’s on your morning oats?